alignment

John A. Heer jheer at walterhav.com
Wed May 5 11:48:27 CDT 2004

Bill wrote:

	The rear specs looked pretty good -- are you sure you read the
front specs correctly (at 1.5 degrees)?

	Might be worth double checking -- since the toe appears to be
off by a decimal point.

Bill:

I had them re-do the alignment to zero toe up front, which is what they
did.  You are right that the specs look like a decimal point off, but
that is what they were!!  I asked about rear toe which remains at -.15
degree and -.20  degree, which the guy said equates to 1/64-inch and
1/48-inch.  If that is the case, then my front toe was near to 3/16-inch
on both sides!!!  Ridiculous.

I will not go back.

BTW - the car handles beautifully now.  Great on-center feel to the
steering and plenty responsive.  Toe-out up front might be good for
racing, but not daily drivers.

John Heer - 93 SE-R not stock