Tire Size

Matt MA MA at legacypartners.com
Fri Apr 30 17:13:54 CDT 2004

Jason,

I think you will get slightly better performance from a 195/50 rather
than a 195/55. The smaller sidewall should give you slightly better turn
in response.

Between 205/50 and 195/50 is really a toss up. Personally I don't think
the 1.5-2 lbs per tire is going to make a noticeable difference on the
street.

All of those sizes will fit fine on a 7" wide wheel.

Either way you will notice more grip because the ES100 performs better
than the Kumho 712 (based on Tire Rack testing). The rubber compound
will make a bigger difference than 10mm of tread width or 2 lbs of tire
weight.

matt ma . 92 SE-R