alignment

annapolis13315 at netzero.com annapolis13315 at netzero.com
Fri Apr 30 06:19:12 CDT 2004

John --

You can get more negative camber by slightly enlarging one of the 2 strut mounting holes (run the drill bit through the strut only) and then pushing in on the top of the rotor as the strut mounting bolts are tightened.  I can't remember the size of the bit but it's available from the list archives in a post by Rob Cadle, I believe.  Don't go crazy -- just make the hole slightly bigger.  I use one of those magnetic camber guages on the rotor so I can get a rough sense of how much change I'm getting as I tighten the strut mounting bolts.

If you do change your camberat this point, it's going to change your toe setting also, so don't do it now unless you are willing to get your wheels aligned again.  And the shop should have been able to set your toe as you requested -- they just didn't do it for some reason.

I hope that this is helpful.

Bill Conner