Tire Size

Jason Nicholson jasonsnicholson at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 21:42:28 CDT 2004

I have a 99 SE-L with the standard mods (intake, cams,
header, exhaust, ecu) and 15x7 OZ Racing Superleggeras
that need some new rubber.  I've been running 205/50
Kumho 712's, but plan on going with the Yokohama AVS
ES100 this time around.  While doing my homework at
Tirerack, I noticed that they recommend 195/55 for my
rims.  A little more research revealed that the 195/55
Yoko's are 1.5 or 2 pounds lighter than most 205/50's.
 I don't autocross and don't plan on any track events
in the near future either.  What is the better option?
 The lighter tires would help with acceleration &
braking due to the lower centrifugal force, but I'd
lose a little traction.  Would it be a big mistake to
go with the 195/55?  Would they fit a 15x7 OK?  Any
input would be much appreciated.

Jason