spec v oil change( Long)

Torry Skurski ezcheese15 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 17:18:55 CDT 2004

I think using synthetic is not a problem with as high mileage as you
have.  I think the TSB is regarding low mileage vehicles (<20,000mi).
I've been using Valvoline synthetic since 6000 miles and now have 56000
miles and have had no oil related problems with the car.  I have also
used an OEM filter every time, and change every 3000 miles.

It's just those first couple oil changes that are critical (I used dino
valvoline oil at a 1000 and 3000 mile oil change, then switched to
synthetic at 6k).