Good weekend at the junkyard.

Mclendon, Clay CIV 43310 clay.mclendon at navy.mil
Tue Apr 27 16:13:54 CDT 2004

Hey y'all,
I had a good weekend at the U-Pull-It junkyard and got me a tranny for my
SE-R. It's from a 93 NX2000. I wasn't planning on buying one so soon, but the
price was right ($150) so I grabbed it to replace my current tranny which is
popping out of 5th. My question is should I wait until after the convention
track day to swap it or do it right away. My current tranny has 140k miles
with 25k with the turbo (250whp). I just don't want to swap it in, go to the
track and break 3rd. I also don't want to drive all convention weekend with no
5th gear (not a problem yet). I wanted to poll you guys and see what you
thought was the best idea. My current tranny has the filled in bracing near
the axles so I need to decide whether to do that to the new one as well or
not.

BTW, there was a 1st gen Toyota Celica All-Trac there (I believe it's called a
ST165) if anyone needs any parts for that rare thing.

Also, while pulling the tranny, I noticed I could see the crankshaft through a
small hole in the oilpan. Guess I know why it's in the junkyard.

clay