motor mount ?

Ron A atteber1 at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 24 15:52:23 CDT 2004

Brian said:

I have recently replaced 80% of the front bushings on my '92 SE-R. only
things left are steering rack bushings and ball joints. the car is creaking and goaning
though when i start out from a light, on really uneven roads and under moderate to
heavy braking. all of this groaning is on the right side.

***I recently replaced the bushings in the A-arms in my car with ES bushings. Had them pressed in at NAPA. I lubed everything except the ball in the rear. My car sounded old, creaking everytime I pulled off or let off the gas. I ended up loading up the ball with grease and the noise is gone. A dumb oversight and an annoying sound. It never occured to me that the ball would attempt to move. The anti-roll bar bushings will make the same noise in the winter when the lube wears out.

I did the rack bushings too. When I was done, the steering wheel was tilted about 10 degrees to the right, due to the new rack bushings. I was getting the car aligned anyway, so it's fine now.

Ron Atteberry
92 Classic - White