motor mount ?

Briancembor at aol.com Briancembor at aol.com
Sat Apr 24 11:38:26 CDT 2004

I think i already know the answer, but just need some confirmation from the
list:

I have recently replaced 80% of the front bushings on my '92 SE-R. only
things left
are steering rack bushings and ball joints. the car is creaking and goaning
though
when i start out from a light, on really uneven roads and under moderate to
heavy
braking. all of this groaning is on the right side. at first i thought it was
the bushings
but now they have been replaced and well lubed i don't think so. the car will
also
groan when pushing down on the fender (compressing the shocks) on the right
(passenger) side. i am pretty sure this indicates to me that mount is bad,
however,
the car also has ES torque inserts in both the locations. if it is the mount,
will it still
groan with the ES inserts?

second question:
I have my old mounts from my Black '92 before it got totalled. does anyone
have a write up
on how to do poured mounts? rather than buying all new ones i was thinking of
using the
old ones and making my own... suggestion?

TIA,
Brian Cembor
92 SE-R White