Need help selecting a safety harness

Kieran A. Lavin work at kieranlavin.com
Thu Apr 22 07:11:47 CDT 2004

Jim, you wrote:

> I'm not advocating using harnesses without a roll bar.  I just think the
> knee-jerk reaction "if your car turns over, you will die" is flawed.
There

While I agree with you that there are too many variables to make a blanket
statement, I would personally tend to lean towards not putting a harness in
without a rollbar.  Personal opinion

> Since I have the need to carry people in the back seat occasionally, I
cannot
> install a roll bar unless I want to install it and remove it as part of my
> track prep.

Beware that the "removable" cross brace which seems to attract people like
yourself who seem to think they can take it out when driving on the street
and
then installing it while at the track isn't as easy as it sounds.  It took
something
like 4 or 5 people to install that piece in my car and line up all the bolt
holes!
Total PITA!

kieran