nissancarparts.com [was Re: Online OEM Parts/Great prices]

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Tue Apr 20 21:28:00 CDT 2004

Hell yeah!  Get George to populate the whole
thing with Nissan part numbers. Cut a deal for
volume with Greg for 5% over cost and next to
no shipping on dealer parts.  Get George to hook
you up with all the aftermarket suppliers, cut
similiar deals with them for 5% over cost.

Cut aforementioned deals with all of the good
suppliers of racing gear like GC, Progress, JWT,
TrueChoice, populate database will all their parts.

Code up a good POS/parts lookup system, hire
a few guys on straight commission to answer and
fulfill stuff.  Make sure stuff is findable and accurate
on ANY search term anyone can think of.

Promote the crap out of it on the list, on the various
forums, and buy a booth at every car show with a
Nissan presence.  Take a loss or break dead even
for the first year, while you build a name, and
build enough volume to start stocking some quantities
of stuff.

Better yet, go to a bank, and get them to float a loan
on the fleshed-out, number crunched version of the
business plan.

Start out getting everything together on Saturday,
leave it all with a manifest for fedex ground.

When things start to build up a bit, hire a monkey or
two to receive/reship all day long out of your garage!

When they build up a little more, transfer to a small
warehouse.  When things get better, find some cheap
real estate in the middle of nowhere, but near a major
fedex sort facility, and start doing it from there!

Grandoise you say?  Perhaps.  It would probably take
2 years to build it into a profitable business, and probably
take some extra steps not mentioned.  Some of the
mentioned steps might need to be done differently.

How's that for an idea?

:)

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>