Palm-Based OBD-II Scantool

Michael Jez 93SER at attbi.com
Tue Apr 20 19:48:39 CDT 2004

I have the Auterra software on my Palm M130, its killer, does every car in
the world almost. Only thing U gotta watch out for is the refresh rate on
B14s. Its very slow, I was trying to diagnose my friends MAF on his B14 SE-R
and I couldn't pick up the information from the ECU fast enough. Where if U
plug it into a 32bit ECU- like my Maxima, it gets information real time,
there is no delay or anything. I have never used their dyno software or
their quarter mile software that it comes with. I just use it at work on
Acuras most of the time, our gay factory scan tool requires too much time to
finally get to the screen with where U can check stored DTCs.
Auterra is around 200 bux on ebay, comes with the cables and software. U
can't get the cable connector that translates data from the car to the palm
separate. The software works on all OBDII cars and beats the shit out of
most 2K-3K dollar scanners. The more expensive 3-15K dollar scanners do alot
more than the Palm based Auterra can, but U can't beat it for around 200 bux
!
Mike Jez
Acura, Audi Master Technician.