Need help selecting a safety harness

George Roffe geo3 at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 19 14:49:10 CDT 2004

Tyler Clark wrote:

>Lastly should
>I maybe be looking for a 4-Point for the short term then moving to a 5-Point
>when I get the roll bar?

I won't go into all the reasons you shouldn't use a racing harness in a
road car without at least a rollbar, but you shouldn't.

These days don't even consider a 4 or even a 5 point harness.

We are in an era of big improvements in driver safety.  Testing has shown
that a 6 point harness is not only much more effective, but also helps
prevent head and neck injuries as well as reducing chest injuries.

George Roffe
Houston, TX  USA
http://www.nissport.com