Wheel Weight vs. Wheel Width

Matt Davis Sr20dee at b15sentra.net
Mon Apr 19 13:46:11 CDT 2004

Matt MA said:

> 1. For my application, would the extra weight hurt more or the
> narrower
> wheel width?
I would think the weight would be a problem. of course this is looking at
it from a N/A perspective.  R compounds are damn heavy. any thing you can
do to reduce the wheel weight will make your car much faster. the narrower
wheel should not reduce the section width of the tire at all.

I plan on using 205-50-15 Azenis on my 6.5 inch wheels for Auto X next year.
#56 STS Matt Davis
2001 Inferno Nissan Sentra SE w/performance package
www.b15sentra.net www.NENOC.org www.sr20forum.com