Front Control Arm rebuildon '92 SE-R, axle bearing carrier bolts.

Alfredo atirella at ulster.net
Sat Apr 17 20:13:32 CDT 2004

Ball joint removal was a cinch and the hammer used wasn't all that big!
After the circlip is removed two or three well placed blows to the ball
joint stud and voila!  However the bushings are another matter
entirely.  I only have a Haynes manual which says that after 1986 the
bushings are not replaceable and the control arm should be replaced as a
unit.  But then why would ES sell a bushing kit ?  Tried like heck to
twist off the rear large bushing with no luck.  Guess it's off to a
machine shop.  Anyone have experience with this ?  Also any FSMs
floating around at a reasonable price ? I have a '92 SE-R Sentra and a
'91 parts car.   Also next week when a close quarter right angle drill
attachment arrives from Northern Tool I will attempt to drill out the
two broken front axle bearing carrier bracket bolts in the very tight 7"
space between the block and the fire wall. I do not want to have to pull
the engine to make this repair!  This problem is what stranded me on the
NYS Thruway a couple of weeks ago.    Loaded calipers from Autozone
(thanks for the tip guys ), S/S brake hoses, and ES sway bar and link
kit bushings will complete this round of work.   Next is the water pump
and timing cover oil leak fix and the ES bushings for the rear.