Wheel bearing lock nut

Ed edmiska at comcast.net
Mon Apr 12 13:08:04 CDT 2004

"Trying to get the axle off 91 SE-R wreck - Can this be removed with
anything less than an impact wrench?"  - John A. Heer

I got the 36 mm axle nuts off of the front of a 91 G20 using a breaker bar
and pipe I used as an extension, but only after lots of WD40 and soaking
for about two days.  Don't use the ratchet or you will likely break it.  I
now have a mangled 1/2" craftsman ratchet and I only had a 1 foot extender
on it!  I even broke a breaker bar.  From experience, I recommend using
either a very hefty 1/2 inch breaker bar or a 3/4" bar, and don't
underestimate the value of WD40.

"What is the size of the wheel bearing lock nut? "
>From other posts I suspect you probably have a 32 mm axle nut.

Good Luck John,

Ed