cruise control

Raymond Kawski sr20de at epix.net
Tue Apr 6 17:40:42 CDT 2004

On Tue,  6 Apr 2004 06:22:05 -0500, KIERAN A. LAVIN wrote

> Not only did vacuum to the actuator work, it wouldn't let loose when
> I removed negative to the pin the FSM told me to (#4 I think at the harness
> to the pump)

Where does the FSM tell you to apply vacuum?  If it's at the
actuator then I don't see how anything could release
the pressure since there is no electrical connection the
the acctuator just the vacuum line which is connected to
the hand pump.

Now if they said to hook it up to the electrical pump
somehow then try to release it via the pins you mention
then that makes sense because the pump probably has a release
valve somewhere it controls.

> that. Good to have that stuff so I don't have to be buying
> parts at random hoping it fixes the problem!

Good to have someone who has tons of extra parts. :)

> This is one thing I'm not 100% sure on... the FSM tells you to
> connect the multimeter to two different pins in the brain harness
> and jack the car up and spin the wheels.  It then tells you to "look
> for deflection"  What the hell does that mean?!?  I saw the voltage

We can check this with Nprobe.  I believe the Speedo and
ECU are two seperate circuits.  We can check.

RK
--
Raymond A. Kawski