Wheel bearing lock nut

Wayne wmc_sr20 at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 6 13:18:12 CDT 2004

At 01:59 PM 4/6/2004, John A. Heer wrote:
>What is the size of the wheel bearing lock nut?  Can this be removed with
>anything less than an impact wrench?  In other words, am I wasting

32mm.  Auto Zone will loan you one for free, or sells for about $12.

You'll probably need an electric or air impact wrench.  I got them off my
SE-R a long, long, time ago with just a breaker bar and pipe handle
extension.  But if it's been out in Cleveland winters, then I doubt you can
get it manually.  If you try it, use wheel chocks and / or someone pressing
the brake pedal to keep the car from moving.

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '91 NX2k / '92 SE-R (in boxes & bags)