EGR and emissions problems

Tim Rogers timrogers at charter.net
Sun Apr 4 19:12:21 CDT 2004

Ari wrote:
>>So far
I've installed a new o2 sensor, plugs, cat and the car still fails.  Here
are my test results below.  The problem is that I'm not getting any vacuum
to the EGR valve.  So I suspect that the BPT valve is bad since the egr will
open with a vacuum put to it manually.  >
http://gallery.thevboard.com/users/Nismo87se/se-r%20emissions.JPG  <<

Are you still having your emissions issues?  I'm also pretty sure your BPT
valve is bad, so that would explain your high NOx.
On the other hand, your HC is high, so that means you are either getting
incomplete combustion, too much fuel, or non-atomized fuel.
So, checking your fuel pressure and replacing the filter and/or fuel pump or
regulator might be in order.  You also might try a distributor cap & rotor
with new wires

'93 NX2K- Sapphire Blue, CAT Back, JWT S4's & ECU, Tokico/Eibach, JUN
Flywheel, P/R CAI, 15X7 Borbet Type H's.
'91 NX2K- White, SCCA ITS racecar-to-be
'91 NX2K- Black, parts car