Fuel pump?

Tim Rogers timrogers at charter.net
Sat Apr 3 14:51:00 CST 2004

Dan Thompson wrote:
> Did you, perchance, start the car, move it a bit, then shut it right
> off?  My SE-R *hated* it when I did that, and would protest by refusing
> to start the next time unless I held the pedal to the floor.

IIRC, when the SR20DE's first came into the USA they used the "one range
colder" plug that SE-R.net recommends.
When the cars were moved around the dealership lots (started, moved a few
spaces and then shut off) they then refused to start.  The solution was to
go with spark plugs one range warmer to avoid any build-up on the plugs.
When we use the colder plug, we gain some anti-knock protection, but run the
risk of fouling just like those early days in 1990....

'93 NX2K- Sapphire Blue, CAT Back, JWT S4's & ECU, Tokico/Eibach, JUN
Flywheel, P/R CAI, 15X7 Borbet Type H's.
'91 NX2K- White, SCCA ITS racecar-to-be
'91 NX2K- Black, parts car