Fuel pump?

Darin L Dux ddux at vermeermfg.com
Fri Apr 2 08:31:51 CST 2004

I had this problem on my NX from the day I bought
it back in '93.  The dealer changed all the injectors
three times in as many years.  The car would flood
out when I'd try to start it from cold.  Twice
this happened after I'd started it and let it
run for only a few seconds pulling into the garage
the night before.  I figured it wasn't the injectors
at all so after that whenever it happened I'd just pull
one or two of the injector harness plugs and hold
the pedal to the floor to clear the gas and get
the car started.  Then I'd hook up the injectors
and it would run perfectly.

Now that I know better (thanks to the list) I'm
almost sure it was the MAF grounding issue.  It
never happened again after I did the reground, but
by that time the car had 60K and generally ran
better anyway.

-Darin

>>>It took a heavy foot on the throttle for a
few more seconds to keep the revs up. Then,
it idled fine, and I drove to work without
further incident.  Does this sound like a
fuel pump problem?