Brake Pad Recommendations

Jon Pennington cowboydren at b15sentra.net
Thu Apr 1 17:10:45 CST 2004

Raza Uddin said:

> My question:  short of the NX upgrade, which pads give the greatest
> performance (providing ducting will be installed)?  The best
> bang-for-the-buck pad?

If you're taking an SE-R to the track, you'll need to seriously evaluate
the NX brake upgrade.  You may get away without, but any compound that
doesn't cook the tiny pads at track speeds is just going to turn into a
cheese grater at street velocity.  B15s are blessed with Altima-spec
brakes out of the box, so I'm really just regurgitating what I've read
about the other SE-Rs here.

Lots of people like Axxis Metal Masters, now Axxis Ultimates.  I've heard
the Ultimates don't bite as well as the MMs used to, but really are just
as good in every measurable respect.

I've been thinking about ceramics, personally.  Akebono Pro-ACT pads are
at a very reasonable price point from many online vendors.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stays Fresh Longer!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |