Suspension Parts Needed

Jon Pennington cowboydren at b15sentra.net
Mon Mar 29 20:57:21 CST 2004

I have a set of Intrax springs collecting dust in my basement, and a set
of Spec-V dampers on their way to my house as we speak.  I need some Koni
bump stops, some plastic parts to protect the bump stops, and I'm thinking
about dust boots, but not sure.

Firstly, I'm having some trouble selecting bump stops.  I've found the
Koni P/N "70.34.54.000.0" mentioned a few times on sr20forum, but I'm
curious about so many of the coilover kits (Moti, SHig, etc.) that
*appear* to use p/n "70.34.53.000.0" on the front struts as well.  Any
comments on the use of the longer bump stops?

I've also seen mention of Koni p/n "15.34.62.000.0" (plastic packer) being
used between the top of the damper body and the bump stop.  What worries
me is that most of the references to this part number also involve hogging
out the center to fit the damper shaft.  Surely there's a better solution
than this...isn't there?

I'd be willing to bet that the KYB boots for Sentras uses an integrated
bump stop, like the Nissan part does.  My boots are in okay shape, but I
like the idea of getting all-new parts.  Is it practical to remove the
bump stop from the boot and use it in combination with the Koni stop?
What about just going down to Chux Trux and seeing if they have some small
Rancho-brand dust boots that would fit, and zip-tying them to my new
dampers and stops?

Thanks for any input...I'm ready to pull the trigger RIGHT NOW.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stays Fresh Longer!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |