G20 nearing completion!!!

Rick Warkentien sr20de at sunflower.com
Wed Mar 24 17:51:39 CST 2004

Yousaid there is are two connectors on the throttle body that are not
connected? Did you swap the throttle body off of the original engine onto
the new engine?

Most of the engines we get here (from JDM anyway) are Automatic transmission
equipped engines. They use a different TPS and you need to swap the throttle
body off of the original engine onto the new one. So the two connectors that
are missing are the TPS it sounds like. Also the single brown connector
(three whire) sounds like the connector from your original engine. This is
the difference on the TPS. Need to make sure you swap that throttle body
over.

As far as the other peice that with the vacuum hoses and such, I have no
idea what that is but i might be able to tell you if i saw a picture of it.
I just got done doing an engine swap (be it on a 93 but still.) i may be
able to help you more.

Have you had the battery checked to see if it is still in good shape? I am
assuming the car has been sitting for a while and batteries will lose charge
over time. Just something to think about.

As far as i know you shouldn't have to swap harnesses. Just swap the
temperature senders, and the throttle body and maybe a few other sensors,
but thats it. BTW is this a JDM replacement engine or is it a US market
replacement engine?

Hope that helps.
Rick