The Dyno Dip

Jon Pennington cowboydren at b15sentra.net
Wed Mar 24 17:25:59 CST 2004

Matt Davis said:

> I did better. i bumped it to 22* and ran it twice. both lost signifigant
> amounts of power. but who knows.. the 32 bit ECU takes so damn long to
> re adjust fuel for those settings its retarded.

I'll come back to this...

> in order to get accurate readings on the dyno for advanced timing you
> need to do one run  fully @ WOT before you get an accurate reading.

That sounds reasonable.  I've heard a lot of good ol' boy dyno operators
swear up and down that you need to do three back-to-back pulls to "put
some heat in them thar fore-bangers" to get maximum power readings.  Do
you really think that the computer changes that many parameters on one WOT
pull, or is it just getting the cumbustion chamber up to temp?

Anyway, my Roller sits firmly at 19*, and I run 89 octane Midwestern
All-Season fuel.  Never ever heard a single knock, but I'd like to put it
on a dyno to see if it's really making as much power as I could with 91o.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stays Fresh Longer!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |