'91 SE-R with AT

Stephen Attwood autoxer7 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 11:08:16 CST 2004

I found a '91 SE-R being sold locally (Wash St.) that was advertised with an
automatic tranny:

"1991 NISSAN SENTRA, AT, AC, SE-R model, new eng, brakes, tires, many more,
great commuter that's fun to drive."

Of course, thinking that this was probably a mistake I enquired and received
the following reply:

"Yes, this SE-R has an automatic transmission and it us unusual for this
make/model.  The car was originally sold in Hawaii (not sure if that had
anything to do with it)."

If true, this would be only the 3rd such AT equipped '91 SE-R we know about.
  IIRC, the previously two were sited in Hawaii and Arizona.

I've asked the owner for the beginning digits of the VIN to see if maybe
this car was built in Japan instead of TN.

Steve
'92 SE-R w/VE