The Dyno Dip

Matt Davis Sr20dee at b15sentra.net
Tue Mar 23 21:29:39 CST 2004

Jon Pennington said:

> Crank your timing up
> to 20* some time,

I did better. i bumped it to 22* and ran it twice. both lost signifigant
amounts of power. but who knows.. the 32 bit ECU takes so damn long to re
adjust fuel for those settings its retarded. in order to get accurate
readings on the dyno for advanced timing you need to do one run  fully @
WOT before you get an accurate reading. in the end 22* degrees came up 2
hp short of my run with 20* advance (ie the 143 hp) Whats also funny only
got 1 pony from advancing the timing from 18 to 20*. another note id like
to bring up. there is really no hp differnece from 4th gear and 3rd gear
on the b15 sentra.. the 4th gear run i did was identical to my 3rd gear..
so much for cheating to get hp :D