The Dyno Dip

Jon Davis turboser at comcast.net
Tue Mar 23 18:45:17 CST 2004

The knock sensing in the older cars is an analog filter design and cannot
distinguish between knock and engine noise above 4k rpm, so they disable it.
I know very little about the newer ECU but some more modern DSP knock
sensing methods can still detect knock at redline.

If you ground the knock sensor you will generate a MIL. If you want to
disable it and fool the ECU (again, this is only for older ECU) disconnect
the sensor and put a .5 meg resistor to ground.

Jon Davis