The Dyno Dip

Jon Pennington cowboydren at b15sentra.net
Tue Mar 23 17:26:03 CST 2004

Matt Davis said:

> I recall before i installed my resonator that there was a high pitch
> tinging in that range..  is it possible that the resonance along with
> the lean conditions could be pinging the engine?

It's not impossible, but you're stepping out of my league here.  I think
that to really nail it down, you'd want to spend a lot of time on the dyno
with an OBD-II scanner at least, if not a full on CONSULT-II.  It wouldn't
be the knock sensor interfering, I don't think, because the KS is ignored
at WOT.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stays Fresh Longer!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><