EGR and emissions problems

Ari nismo87 at houston.rr.com
Mon Mar 22 20:30:50 CST 2004

I'm having trouble getting my car to pass emissions (roller test).  So far
I've installed a new o2 sensor, plugs, cat and the car still fails.  Here
are my test results below.  The problem is that I'm not getting any vacuum
to the EGR valve.  So I suspect that the BPT valve is bad since the egr will
open with a vacuum put to it manually.  The fsm says to apply a pressure
greater than 2in/hg and plug one port and see if the valve leaks.  After
that test I believe my BPT valve is bad, but I have another question.

There is a line that runs from the vacuum gallery to the driver side BPT
port, shouldn't there be a vacuum reading from there?  I tee'd my vacuum
gauge into that port and I didn't get any reading from it.  Now if I was to
quickly open the throttle and close it then I'd get some vacuum but it
wouldn't hold.  From what I understand the egr soleniod is supposed to allow
vacuum flow through the A and B ports to the BPT/canister between
2000-4000rpm.

Now with the ignition ON the egr solenoid is getting battery voltage.  Any
other tips would be welcome, as I'm no where near the limit in $$ for parts
to get a waiver.  I believe I should also mention the car does have S3s, JWT
ECU, pacesetter header.  Failing the dyno test emissions is really getting
on my nerves.
http://gallery.thevboard.com/users/Nismo87se/se-r%20emissions.JPG