JDM Primera Downpipe

Jon Pennington cowboydren at b15sentra.net
Mon Mar 22 17:15:00 CST 2004

Chris said:

> I do not know about the JDM Primera O2 sensor locaion but I have a Euro
> 1992 Sunny 2.0GTi which also has a visualy identical header-downpipe to
> the JDM models of the same year.

I dunno about this stuff, guys.  If you're using a US-spec engine
management system, and using the US-spec O2 sensor, I'd want that O2
sensor to be close to the factory US location, not the JDM location.  The
JDM engine management system is designed to work with the JDM O2 sensor in
the JDM location.

Putting the US O2 sensor too far away from the head may put it in a
location that's too cool, or any number of things that non-engineers like
myself can't even fathom.  Putting it close to the cat kind of makes
sense, but that's not what the real engineers planned for *your* platform
and ECU, so I wouldn't do it.

Doesn't the HS O2 sensor bung read only one cylinder anyway?  Just put the
bung in your leanest (hottest) cylinder's primary, at a factory-like
distance from the port, and call it a day.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stays Fresh Longer!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |