Would a 95-97 cat converter fit on a 98 with no mods to the exhaust system?

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 20 20:04:23 CST 2004

If you guys didn't know, the 98 cat converter is 1 inch longer than the
95-97 converter. My question is even though the 95-97 converter is shorter,
would it fit enough that it won't be a problem? I mean would the exhaust
hangers have enough slack to allow me to install it without any rubbing or
any other problems? My exhaust isn't stock (2.25 in custom exhaust) so I
dunno if that makes a difference. I mean it's only 1 inch so it might be a
tight fit for the cat-back pipes but would it be THAT bad? TIA

Ray S
98 Sentra SE w/mods
04 Kawasaki Ninja 250R