b13 tranny into a OBDII g20

David Evans david at b15sentra.net
Tue Mar 16 11:04:42 CST 2004

Ok here is a question for all of you that I can't seem to find a clear
indication about.  I have a 91 tranny I would like to swap into our non-lsd
equipped 95 g20.  I already know about the drivers side axle so I am not
worried about that.  The real question I have is about the crank angle sensor.
The 91 tranny obviously doesn't have a spot for it.  I would rather not
like to have to have yet another car that I have to worry about passing
inspection so I would like to this to be a non-problem cuasing swap.

The few solutions I can think of are as follows.

Swap the bell housing from the non-lsd g20 tranny to the 91 b13 tranny.  Is
this even possible though or are the cases shaped differently?  Would they
need to be shimmed differently or is it just a straight swap.

The other solution I read was about drilling for the sensor on the b13 tranny.
People seem to have suggested this but has anyone successfully done it?

thanks,
david