Bucking/Backfire problem. Even read Archives!! Help.

FauxZ fauxz at speakeasy.net
Mon Mar 15 20:29:21 CST 2004

So more looking had me finding what I thought was a cause of the strange
bucking problem.  One of the spark plug wires (new ones) was resting on the
freaking EGR pipe that runs below.  Melted a nice little spot into the wire.
While not totally through, I'm sure this don't not promote the well being of
the ignition...

Repair showed no sign of this being the main issue.  So I ask two things:

How does one check the TPS (per service manual)????

What are some of the SR's signs of faulty TPS???

Thanks again.

Zaron.