RIP my 91 Classic..and damn near me too....LONG

Steve sth at orcacom.net
Thu Mar 11 10:05:55 CST 2004

Hey gang, Long time member (97) not a big poster. Just wanted to tell my story
of my wreck on Monday in my mint Vail White 91, I just got sprung from the
hospital about 3 hours ago and want to tell this I guess to feel a little bit
better even if I never know what caused the inital act that lead to me losing
control at 70MPH (that was the speed limit) and I scrubed off maybe 10  MPH
before I hit the begining of the guardrail ( Where it curves up from the
ground to become flat on the sides ) It launched the car airborne, Witnesses
said it did 4 end over end flips in the air and the 3 and a half side to side
flips when it hit the top of the guard rail. I only remember the begining of
going air born, The next thing I knew was what seemed like 100 people trying
to get me out of the car, I seemed to come to as they were fixing to cut the
roof off to get me out and I told them I could recline the seat so they could
bet a board under me ( As a testement to a 2 door B13's structure, The pass
side door still opened with no effort and the glass was still intact, and the
roof never came down as far as the headrest's on either side. The only bad
thing I noticed was a very strong odor of gas, I dont know where from but I
will go get the car today) My mom got throwing up sick when she went to get my
stuff out of it so I can only dread what it will do to me, My Mom drives a
Black 94 Classic and getting in that car today was beyond terifiying, I dont
know if I can ever drive another classic or not. Right now I thinking of
getting a Volvo ; ) I will send a email later after I inspect what I can to
see if what I think might have happened did, (I spent all weekend trying find
a knocking noise from the front craddle. All mounts, bushings, wheel bearings,
struts etc. have less than 4k on them as I redid everything when I swapped in
a JDM motor last month. But something came undone, The car pulled HARD to the
right, I pulled too hard left to try and control it, and the rest is broken
glass, alot of stitches and alot of pain, physical and mental. the sunroof
glass pretty much severed my right ear. The seat belt (sorry to invoke religon
on a mailing list for cars, But I thank God I was wearing it) broke my collar
bone, and I had over 35 stiches just on my ear and scalp.My next car will NOT
have a sunroof (thats what cut me up and scarred me pretty bad for life. But I
got off lucky. period. Sorry to ramble on guys, but you know, Your friends and
family dont care at all about the car (understandable) so I wanted to greive a
bit for my wheels ya know?

Take care, Be safe and please buckle up. It saved my life.

Steve

91 SE-R Modded&Totaled
91 SE-R stripper (no A/C, Sunroof, or even the leather package) needs motor
and paint
94 SE-R Fat cat loaded, Moms ride (my ex's car hehe)