Bucking/Backfire problem. Even read Archives!! Help.

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Wed Mar 10 17:06:08 CST 2004

I'd say replace the fuel filter.  I just did one on
my 'new to me' '94, and it was foul.  It wasn't
bucking as much as hesitating and surging a lot.

I also pulled the cap and rotor and cleaned off
the corrosion as it had sat for a long time.  They
weren't worn out, just corroded.

I would also recommend disconnecting the battery
and regrounding the MAF asap.  That seemed to
help my 'bucking' quite a bit when my '92 was 'new
to me'.  I did the fuel filter on the '92 and it was a
wee bit clogged, but I know it's been at least 20k
since it was done.

The '94 runs *much* better, but regrounding the
MAF is my very next duty.  I was busy replacing
the rotors all around and rears on the '92 today,
as well as other fun.

;)

Our injectors are of a design that they usually don't
require cleaning, or so I hear.  Some sort of anti-fouling
design.  There's a TSB about how using injector cleaner
is a no-no.

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>