Window Weld and Motormounts

hlava lhlvava at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Mar 9 21:29:35 CST 2004

Really, ES bushings are harder than Window Weld? I was thinking just the
opposite, especially with what Bill said about the shifter not moving
anymore... he went from ES to Window Weld.

Though the ES inserts are pretty dense and difficult to "bend", I never
thought of them as being hard.

I guess maybe I'm just bitching because the ES inserts are made to fit in
the replacement oem mounts, not the originals. They really didn't seem to
fit that well. Don't get me wrong, it was a huge improvement. The window
weld/mcmaster route sounds best for me because in order to get the best
benefit from the ES inserts, I'd have to buy new oem torque mounts. Frankly,
I don't want to do that... the passenger and drivers mounts were expensive
enough.

Maybe I'll just get the prothane kit, there's been some good reviews about
them.

Feedback, experience or opinions are very welcome... think of me as
SpongeMark Hairyback.

Peace,
Mark