Window Weld and Motor Mounts

Berkeley and Bill Conner annapolis13315 at netzero.com
Mon Mar 8 19:27:40 CST 2004

I removed the torque set on my 1991 Classic Friday night.  The gear
shifter wasn't flying around when lifting the throttle and then nailing
it or anything, just a little normal movement.  The mounts were both in
good shape -- no cracks or tears.  I cleaned them up and then filled the
voids with 3M Window Weld as others have done before.

I let the Window Weld cure until tonight (72 hours) and then reinstalled
the mounts and tried them out.  I am very pleased with the outcome.
There is no vibration as I experienced with the ES torque set in my
other SE-R, and the drive drain is rock solid -- no movement of the
tranny.  At least for now.  Nice improvement for 10 bucks and a couple
of therapeutic hours of wrenching.

Bill Conner