Lug nuts and wheel studs

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 15:39:20 CST 2004

I just checked my wheel studs by buying a new stud from NAPA and the threads
line up perfectly so my wheels studs aren't stretched or stripped. I'm
currently using the Gorilla Spline Drive lug nuts from Tire Rack so they may
be the culprit in the loosening episode. I would like to get some open ended
lug nuts that can handle better than the Kyokugens. I'd hate to pay that
much for a set and have them strip on me at the first sight of
overtorqueing(sp?). Too bad the McGard lug nuts aren't open ended. Anyone
have a set of open ended lug nuts that they use? Been on the track with them
before? Thanks for all the responses so far.

Ray S
98 Sentra SE w/mods