Brembo brakes on SpecV

Sylvain Laplante sylvain_laplante at yahoo.ca
Mon Mar 1 12:46:37 CST 2004

Hi,
  I haven't written to this list for a long time ( although I read what's relevant to my car ).

My first Se-r was a 95, replaced with a Se-R 2002 which was stolen last fall. I now have a 2004 SpecV and am very happy with it ... Except 1 thing. I also bought the Brembo kit  ( larger discs, 4 pistons ) and found them to be extremely powerful,  BUT ...  When driving on highway for a while  when it is raining , or when I leave the parking when there was freezing rain, the first few times I try to brake... Nothing happens ( and I mean nothing, like no brakes at all ..) . This is really a security issue and I was wondering if anyone with the Brembo kit ( from  factory ) had the same problem.. I feel this is a poorly-designed backing plate, or the disks should have been slotted ...

Anyone can shed some light on this?  ( I heard that these are the same as the ones on some Infinity, but not sure..)

Thank you,

Sylvain Laplante

Do you Yahoo!?