Gearset for higher HP guys.

Ari nismo87 at houston.rr.com
Sun Feb 29 17:07:30 CST 2004

I was wondering how about getting a custom bell housing made so we can use
the maxima RS5F50V/RS5F50A with a sr20de?  From what I've seen those trannys
would be stronger than ours and it would be cheaper than a PAR gear set.
Another idea is what about using the gear set from a VG30DETT, VG33E or
VQ35DE's transmission.

I did some searching and found a few companies that probably could build
custom bell housings to allow us to use different nissan or other
transmissions below.  So far I've seen custom bell housings go for $400-700,
figure the cost of another tranny an extra $500-900.  The total cost for an
upgrade would be around $900-1600.
 http://selecttransmissions.com/index.html
http://www.inlinepages.com/drivetrain/custom.html
http://www.browellbellhousing.com/