Gearset for higher HP guys.

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Sat Feb 28 09:06:35 CST 2004

I'm thinking about asking a company I know who
makes performance gearsets for another brand of
vehicles if they'd consider making a gearset for ours
similiar to the PAR setup, but cheaper.  Constant
mesh, no synchros, but 1/3 to 1/2 the price.  It
seems that the pricing of the PAR set is considered
ludicrous by people who didn't pay $3000 for their
car, and managed to put together a turbo setup for
a healthy amount less than that can break a stock
tranny in no time.

This stock turbo on DE and pray the gears hold
together has got to stop!

I'm wondering, how many people would have
actually considered something like the PAR set
but couldn't (even just in their mind) justify the
(extreme, in my mind) cost?

Out of those, how many of them would consider
something priced in the 1000-1500 range?

I'm tempted to send these guys, if they agree to
look at it, a VLSD tranny with an FSM and ask
them to engineer something that will reasonably
hold an up to 300HP turbo car - that seems to be
the majority of the turbo cars out there these days.

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.