93 G20 totalled, need some advice

Wesley Nance wnance1 at rochester.rr.com
Tue Feb 24 11:21:18 CST 2004

Hi all,

Been a really long time since my last post. My G20 got totalled a couple
weeks ago- the hood blew up in the wind through my windshield, and I'm
guessing bent the roof a bit as well. State Farm declared the car a total
loss, so I'm shopping again for a car.

My question is, the buyback value on my car is $72 (no kidding). There was
no damage to the engine, the body (except for the hood), etc., wheels are
fine. The car is getting older, and has a lot of rust on one back panel.

Is it worth the hassle to buy the car back and part it out? Does anyone want
anything if I do? The engine leaked a bit of oil, but ran strong, never had
a problem. It has a hotshot header, but the flex pipe is rusting out.

I need some quick advice, as I have to notify the insurance in the next day
of my decision.

Thanks!

Wes Nance
Rochester, NY