I'm Back - Defective G20 Acquired

John A. Heer jheer at walterhav.com
Mon Feb 16 08:30:42 CST 2004

Dan:

I cannot answer #1, but maybe can help with #2 and #3.

#2 - from ME!  I've got a 1991 SE-R that I am parting out, including the
SR20DE and tranny.  I am sure we could work a deal.  The engine is
perfect, 119K miles, Mobil One most of its life, every 3000-4000 miles.
Took the valve cover off not long ago and found no gunk or build up
anywhere.  I'm in Cleveland.

#3 - once you break the corrosion bond, you should have no problems.
The variable is in how long they have been able to corrode in place.  If
they have been sitting and corroding for a full year, you might need
help breaking the corrosion free.  I just put my NX brakes from my old
SE-R on my new SE-R after they had been sitting about 6 months.  They
were plenty rusty, but not completely frozen up.  After getting the
initial layer of rust off using brake cleaner, they worked fine after
the first few stops (getting the remaining rust off).

John Heer
93 SE-R not stock
98 SE stock