Starter whine (not)

Brax Sisco xenex at bardstowncable.net
Thu Feb 12 20:12:50 CST 2004

Jack Ray wrote:
> The question now is -- am I just a lucky lazy cuss with a good starter, or is
> the starter still iffy ??  Anyone had anything similiar happen ??

I had a similar issue with mine.  I had the "bad" starter (Hitachi?).  I
ordered the a "good" one (Mitsubishi?) from JGY and replaced it.  After
that, I took the old one apart, it was full of black tarry gunk.  I
cleaned it thoughroughly with brake cleaner and packed it with white
grease, now it works fine too.  So now I have a spare.

You might consider removing yours and cleaning/regreasing it.  It worked
on mine and would probably work for others.  I think the open end on the
starter lets gunk get in there and gum up the works....

Brax Sisco
'97 200 SX w/ Stuff