DE/VE Header idea

Josh Foster jfoster at hoelscherengr.com
Thu Feb 5 14:35:50 CST 2004

Hi guys,

I had an idea after reading Mike K.'s finding regarding his built DE.  I
know earlier he stated he was using a 20V VE manifold that was "notched" for
the ports to match the DE.  I've also been researching a VE swap for my dead
NX, and it seems that headers are a difficult item for the VE since only
Fujibuto and Impul are the only manufactures (as far as I remember, other
than custom) - which makes it difficult to locate and expensive once
located.

What if Hotshot (or ?) were to take Mike's finding with the 20V manifold
with the 3" collector and basically improve on it some while at the same
time incorporating the "notches" so as to allow the header to fit both VE
and DE's.  It sounds like that the new header responds well to mildly built
(at a minimum cammed) engines, so the market for this would be less than I
would think the typical DE header is.  So two markets would benefit from
this market, and Hotshot would take a portion of the VE market from the
Fujibuto.  Especially if the Hotshot could be available for significantly
less than importing the Fujibuto (~$600).

Thanks,

Josh

Josh Foster
'92 SE-R - runs
'92 NX2000 - needs motor & auto to MT conversion
http://webpages.charter.net/j_foster/Index.htm