200 WHP from the DE NA

mike kojima choaderboy2 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 23:43:12 CST 2004

As an update to the latest developments in NA DE
turning the lastest in the breakthoughs.  I suspect
that a new generation Hotshot header might help as
well, proably be testing that in a couple of weeks as
well.

Today Clark went to work on the ECU and did some
tuning for the C6M cams. The result is 200.4 whp @
7800 rpm. I think this is perhaps the most powerful NA
DE around that is well documented. Not bad for a low
buck motor.

He also spun the engine to 8600 rpm on the dyno with
no valve float or rocker arm jump off. Theoreticaly
these cams should be good to 9200 rpm with no float.
The rods did not fly apart either!

Tomarrow Clark is going to fiddle with the intake cam
timing to try to get some of the torque lost by the
big cams and next week we try Pete's new manifold and
a 70mm TB. We will probably end up with a good solid
200's.

I think I'll proably end up going back to the C3's
with the manifold to get midrange torque and more than
200 hp, unless the cam really responds to more
advance. We can't run the optimal lobe centers because
the stock and 300ZX pistons don't have enough piston
to valve clearance so piston with deep valve relifes
will proably produce more torque.

Mr Miko needs to get his big bore motor, going we are
going to see 220 with that one.

Mike