oil filtration ?

Michael Jez 93SER at attbi.com
Sun Feb 1 17:29:58 CST 2004

> Amsoil is good stuff but that thing proably isnt worth it.  Ive had a
remote
> oil filter setup sitting around for a while now beause I cant find a place
> mount it.    That was just a single filter, thats a dual filter thing.
They
> look like the big small block v8 filters too which are about the size of
my
> head... Try and find a place to mount your head under the hood of that
max.

I am removing the battery to the trunk- turbo is sitting in the spot the
battery sits. There is alot of room under the hood of my car compared to a
SR20 powered car, I am thinking of using the SINGLE set up they have and
keeping my stock OE oil filter. I am debating if I even wanna use this
thing, my oil looks fairly dark at 3K miles when I drain it, but the engine
looks like new on the inside. I abuse the shit out of my car this is why I
am thinking of adding something like this to my VQ30DE-K along with possibly
a thermostat controlled oil cooler. My oil temps get somewhat high at times-
when doing Gingerman Raceway I was almost at 250F of oil temp, which I don't
like. With the added stress of a Garret GT35R - and expenssive turbo, I
wanna make sure the oil that is going through the engine is like new all the
time.
Mike Jez
01 Maxima- full bolt on, soon boost.