oil filtration ?

Michael Jez 93SER at attbi.com
Sun Feb 1 16:21:30 CST 2004

I like some of U intend to keep my engine runing for a long time, and making
sure the engine is SUPER clean at the same time. I stumbled uppon this device
AMSOIL sells http://www.amsoil.com/products/bf.html. Its a bypass oil
filtration system that utilizes a 2nd oil filter to filter out the smaller
particles that the normal oil filter can not filter out. I was thinking of
ordering one of these up for my Maxima, has anyone ran that in their car ? I
been using Mobil 1 oil since my 1st oil change at 1K miles and now got 80K
miles and engine looks like it left the factory even thou its been beat to
hell. I'm thinking of changing my oil to Amsoil, from the charts that I seen
it seems like they have the best oil out there, any info ? I am thinking of
using Motul, Redline, Royal Purple, Amsoil, or sticking to Mobil 1. I just
ordered up some LightWeight ShockProof Redline tranny oil for my freshly
rebuild gearbox. I like to stay on top of maintenance things on my car, cause
what good is it to put performance parts on a car that don't run like it
should from the get go ?
Mike Jez
01 Maxima GXE 5spd with all bolt ons.