Long live Hotshot (was OBhex and stuff)

spdracer at mail.utexas.edu spdracer at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 27 09:22:02 CST 2004

I've been reading about every other 10th post on this subject and went to glance
at the forums and saw that it was 37 pages long.

Basically, it sucks that it's nearly impossible to enforce any issues concerning
coping other work internationally.  My father has a company which designs
advance dehumidifying and drying equipement, and there are companies in Canada,
Thailand, Malayasia, and others that do a direct rip-off of my dad's designs
(or try to, but they're morons which is why they have to try to copy).

Ask any of the guys in the semi-conductor industry in silicon-valley.  One of my
cousin's husband says they have continously change their designs because
someone in Taiwan will copy it and sell it cheaper.  I was just over in Vietnam
during the xmas break, and the working conditions over there suck!  We're
talking 12 hour days making like 20 cents an hour or something.  The people in
Asian work 100 times harder than 99% of Americans I know for 1/100th the money.
 On the plane flight from Korea to Vietnam, there were a bunch of Viet girls
who were basically contract workers; got paid to work in Korea for 2 years in
textile factories I believe.  So they worked in Korea without the opportunity
to see their families, 10-12 hr. days, all for around $2000 to take home with
them.  But that's how it is over there, if you don't, you won't survive.

I hate companies like OBX.  Not only do they steal other peoples work, but
they're able to sell stuff cheap by taking advantage/abusing the labor force.

Concerning the reliabilty of Hotshot headers.... well, if you live up North in
the salt belt, I'm not really sure what you can do about it concerning the
rust.  Might have to try some more extensive coatings; might sound ghetto but
may try some black BBQ paint?  Suppose to be good up to 1600F or something.  As
for the cracking, I think that's due to thermal stress.  My guess on that is to
allow the motor to warm up before getting on it.  Take anything cold and heat
it up real fast, it's going to crack!

Khiem