POX on OBX!

George Roffe geo3 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 26 14:02:04 CST 2004

mike kojima wrote:

>Lets try hard to teach the younger kids the difference
>between right and wrong and that ethics count.

Amen.  Let us lead by example.

>I want to say something like whats wrong with kids now
>days but when my dad used to yell that at me, I swore
>I would never say that....

Hehe.  Yep.

My brother-in-law's brother is a history professor and we were talking at
Christmas about today's kids.  He told me of a letter from a father to a
son about not wanting to take responsibility, just hang out at the mall
with his friends, etc.

The interesting thing is that the letter was written 3,000 years
ago.  There was more in the letter that also pertains to today's youth, but
I cannot remember it.

Let us all not forget that we all can teach something to the youth (and
older folks) of today.  Kurt Sussman has a saying I will never forget.  "If
you want to change the world, have children, raise them right, wait 40
years."  Well, a number of us are in that age where we should be making a
difference in this world.  I'm really glad to see so many people standing
up for doing the right thing, despite those who would sell their soul.  To
y'all, keep doing the right thing and leading by example.

George Roffe